Why are we so passive with our joy and happiness? Why aren't we anxiously creating an exit from misery as though our life depended on it? Your life does depend on it. Worry, stress, anger, depression, fear, etc., will consume your life like the flames of a burning house. The same way you would come up with a way to get away from flames, we need to purposely come up with ways for us to be and remain happy.
Let's address the most obvious pain you can inflict on yourself. Negative people. Those flames that have the nerve to throw gasoline on you. They are consumed with negativity. They spread gossip and rumors. Never able to find a positive thing to say or believe about anyone or anything. Or maybe they are filled with ratched drama. There is always something about to "pop off" or someone always "got them messed up". They drain and suck every ounce of happiness you had out of you. Don't allow others to keep you from being happy. No one should have that power over you. Nothing you have said or done has ever made them happy. Guess what, nothing you ever say or do will every make them happy.
Get away from Negative people. Remember they are flames! Run like your life depended on it. I have a good and bad gift of deleting people. It is good because I can easily delete flames that are trying to consume me. They don't exist in my world. Not that I am better than them or anything like that. But, there is a time and a place for open flames. Open flames are not allowed in my day to day life. They are not allowed in my circle of joy. Why? BECAUSE IT IS A FLAME!!! No good will come from bringing an uncontrolled fire to the party. You don't have to be rude to them and completely cut them off. You can start by distancing yourself from them. Eventually the distance will grow until they are just a memory.
Surround yourself with like minded people. People that are going in the same direction you are going. People that uplift and encourage you to be the best you can be. Happy people have a way of making you feel better about your life. They have storms and obstacles just like everyone else. But, they can find the silver lining in everything. They look for God and answers in the midst of the storm. They are like fire extinguishers. A fire will break out and they know how to extinguish the flames to where everyone walks away unharmed. These are the people you want in your life. Your positive energy will bounce off of each other and create and pleasant environment for others to be in.
Stop watching angry t.v. We all have a guilty pleasure. Mine was ratched tv. Love and Hip Hop did it for me. This was extra special to me because I am from New York. So watching it kind of made me feel like home. But, it was a no-no. You are what you consume. This isn't just applied to food. If you are feeding yourself with angry, violent people then you will become an angry, violent person. You will begin to respond as mean and hateful as the people you are consuming on tv. I had to check myself one day after watching Peter Gunz, Tara and Amina explode in the studio. My hubby made a comment and my reaction was not very sweet and loving. I had to repent and reevaluate what I was feeding myself. The list of ratched tv I used to watch used to be longer, but, I've had to wean myself from it. If they are fighting, cussing and doing things I would kill my daughters for doing, I CAN'T WATCH IT. Why? In the words of Mary J "All I really want, is to be happy." Feed yourself what you want to be. Yes, we can have a junk food here and there. But, only a dose here and a dose there. Do not consume your life with nothing but junk food.
Make a conscious decision to be happy. YES, it is just that simple!

No comments:
Post a Comment